Every month we work hard to bring you the latest technological advancements and this hot summer brings even hotter updates at DigitalOcean. In June, we celebrated our one year partnership with MongoDB and DigitalOcean Kubernetes new 99.95% uptime SLA for High Availability.
NEW Control Plane with 99.95% SLA for HA
The DigitalOcean Kubernetes High Availability (HA) control plane now includes a 99.95% uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA).To achieve a 99.95% SLA we containerized our control plane making it faster and more powerful, providing a fantastic experience for everyone that uses DOKS–not just those who enabled High Availability.
Configuring HA is straightforward. You can spin up an HA cluster using the UI in a click, with doctl CLI, or Terraform.
DigitalOcean Managed MongoDB is 1 year old
Over the last year, we’ve enhanced DigitalOcean Managed MongoDB to increase performance, reliability, and security, and make accessing and managing MongoDB on DigitalOcean even simpler. Along with MongoDB 5.0, we’re celebrating a year filled with many updates like Dedicated vCPU for increased performance, connect to your managed database made easier, improved security, and all with an intuitive UI to get up and running quickly.
Floating IP is now Reserved IP
We have renamed Floating IP to Reserved IP. The Reserved IP service retains the same functionality as the prior service. The decprecating Floating IP endpoints and fields (floating_ips) will remain available until the fall of 2023. Please update any automation, scripts, or services to the new Reserved IP endpoints.
- Current version of doctl (v1.77.0) deprecates the floating-ip commands in favor of the new reserved-ip ones
- New API endpoints and fields (reserved_ips) to reflect the name change
If you use the Projects API to query Reserved IP resources, the endpoint still returns reserved IP addresses in the floating_ips field.
UDP support for DigitalOcean Loadbalancers
Starter Tier can now roll back
Starter tier apps now support rolling back to a previous deployment.
NEW Buildpacks added
Hugo Buildpack, the default version of Hugo, has been updated from 0.94.2 to 0.99.1.
Tools in the Buildpack also updated
- Updated pip from 21.3.1 to 22.0.4 for Python 3.7+
- Updated setuptools from 57.5.0 to 59.6.0 for Python 3.6 and 60.10.0 for Python 3.7+
- Updated wheel from 0.37.0 to 0.37.1 for Python 2.7 and Python 3.5+
SMTP is restricted by default
SMTP (port 25) is now blocked for all new accounts in our efforts to keep you safe and combat spam.
TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 deprecated
360 Monitoring Add-On (SaaS) empowers developers and web professionals to monitor any website or server. Track performance and prevent downtime easily with configurable dashboards, easy set-up, and custom tools.
- SimpleBackups Add-On All-in-one backup automation tool. Droplet file backups, custom database backups, and DO Spaces bucket sync and replication.
- Logtail Add-On Query your logs like you query your database.
- SnapShooter Add-On Hourly to Daily backups of DigitalOcean droplets and volumes, as well as databases and applications.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager